June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police: Child molested in Plaistow Walmart aisle
Plaistow police are hoping the public can help them identify this man wanted in connection with an assault at the Plaistow Walmart. (COURTESY)
Police were called to the store at 58 Plaistow Road (Route 125) just before 8 p.m. to investigate and learned that the victim was allegedly assaulted after a parent briefly lost sight of her, Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said.
According to police, a male stranger approached the girl in an aisle in the toy department and touched her inappropriately in the genital area before fleeing the store.
The girl immediately reported the incident to an assistant store manager, said Jones, who called the assault an isolated incident.
"The suspect was either out looking to commit a crime like this or he was in the store and the opportunity presented itself when he saw the child in the toy aisle," Jones said.
While the girl wasn't physically hurt, the victim received medical treatment as a precaution.
Police described the suspect as a white male with glasses and short blond hair who was wearing a black shirt and black pants with a gray-colored hooded, front-zip sweatshirt.
Jones said police are following leads, but are asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect through surveillance camera photographs allegedly showing him and his vehicle.
Police said the vehicle appears to be a grey or beige Chevrolet pickup truck with a long bed and a Massachusetts license plate.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Plaistow Police Department at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424