Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police: Child molested in Plaistow Walmart aisle
Plaistow police are hoping the public can help them identify this man wanted in connection with an assault at the Plaistow Walmart. (COURTESY)
Police were called to the store at 58 Plaistow Road (Route 125) just before 8 p.m. to investigate and learned that the victim was allegedly assaulted after a parent briefly lost sight of her, Deputy Police Chief Kathleen Jones said.
According to police, a male stranger approached the girl in an aisle in the toy department and touched her inappropriately in the genital area before fleeing the store.
The girl immediately reported the incident to an assistant store manager, said Jones, who called the assault an isolated incident.
"The suspect was either out looking to commit a crime like this or he was in the store and the opportunity presented itself when he saw the child in the toy aisle," Jones said.
While the girl wasn't physically hurt, the victim received medical treatment as a precaution.
Police described the suspect as a white male with glasses and short blond hair who was wearing a black shirt and black pants with a gray-colored hooded, front-zip sweatshirt.
Jones said police are following leads, but are asking for the public's help in identifying the suspect through surveillance camera photographs allegedly showing him and his vehicle.
Police said the vehicle appears to be a grey or beige Chevrolet pickup truck with a long bed and a Massachusetts license plate.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Plaistow Police Department at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal