All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Crime

Ex-husband in Epping adamantly denies involvement in Amanda Warf's death

Union Leader Correspondent

March 10. 2013 10:22PM
Investigators from the State Police Major Crime Unit search the backyard of an Epping residence Sunday afternoon. (JASON SCHREIBER PHOTO)

EPPING -- The ex-husband of a Hampton woman found murdered inside a burning concrete plant in Exeter last week adamantly denies he had anything to do with her death.

Standing outside his Epping home Sunday night, Aaron Desjardins insisted that he's innocent and described how he welcomed state police detectives into his home to search as they investigate the killing of 36-year-old Amanda "Amy" Warf.

Investigators from the State Police Major Crime Unit spent Sunday searching Desjardins' property at 67 Railroad Ave. and seized his truck.

"I invited them into my home. I've given my cell phone, my handgun, my pickup truck, all to the state police in good faith. I have nothing to do with my ex-wife's death."

Desjardins described Warf as a "wonderful human being and a terrific mother" to their son, who's almost 1. The death came as Desjardins and Warf were finalizing a custody plan for their son to which both had agreed, he said.

The focus of police efforts shifted to Epping over the weekend as investigators wrapped up their work Saturday at the abandoned City Concrete plant in Exeter where Warf's body was found Thursday morning.

The investigation began after firefighters responded to a fire on the second floor of the concrete plant and discovered Warf's body as they battled the flames. The Attorney General's Office has not released the cause of death, but ruled the death a homicide.

The concrete plant is not far from an Exeter Hospital administrative office at 7 Holland Way where Warf worked in the billing department.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell would not confirm whether the Epping search was related to the Exeter murder case.

As investigators appeared to be finishing up their search at his residence Sunday night, Desjardins arrived home in a car driven by an acquaintance.

Desjardins, who has remarried, said he was at home in bed when he learned that Warf was found dead.

"All morning I was in my house with my sister and my wife and my son ... I was in the house the entire morning and I have people that will swear on a stack of Bibles to prove it," he said.

Asked why he is being investigated, Desjardins said, "Because I'm her ex-husband, and they're being thorough and they're doing their job and I would take my hat off to them if I had one on."

Desjardins said police have to "weed (him) out of the suspect pool."

"I have been up front, honest, and I've opened my home and all of my belongings to police to prove my innocence. I think that says it all," he said.

Desjardins said he and Warf formally divorced in February 2012 after seven years of marriage.

At the time of her death, Desjardins said Warf was living in Hampton with a boyfriend.

Desjardins said he and Warf met the boyfriend, originally from California, while the three were playing the online role-playing game World of Warcraft together.

Desjardins said Warf was pregnant with their son when they ended up separating and she began dating the man they had met online. Desjardins said he "thought things were going fine" between Warf and her boyfriend.

"She seemed happy. I was happy. We had come to full agreement on custody of our son," said Desjardins, who worked as a chef for many years.

He said he and Warf had worked out a "final parenting plan." "Everything had come to an agreement. We were just going to put the ink on the paper," he said.

Crime Epping Exeter Hampton Top Section Stories

More Headlines

Police use stun gun on man who resisted arrest