Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Strafford voters to decide on school district issues today, Wednesday
On the warrant:
--Article 2 would appropriate $10,651,129 for the district's operating budget. It is $117,927 - or 1 percent - smaller than last year's budget of $10,769,056.
--Article 3 would purchase $53,000 in equipment to upgrade the security in the Strafford School.
--Voting yes on Articles 4 and 5 would give the school district authority to use a total of $25,000 from the year's unassigned fund balance to offset any capital improvements or unforeseen expenses for Special Education.
--Article 6 asks residents if they want the district to include the estimated tax impact on warrant articles in the future.
--Article 7 would allow the district to retain unassigned funds at the end of the year as long as the amount does not exceed 2.5 percent of the current fiscal year's assessment. These funds could be used for emergencies, to prevent over expenditures or to reduce the tax rate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- UNH defensive tackle Jared Smith chosen by Seattle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats piece puzzle together - 0
- Texans tap Londonderry's Griffin in NFL Draft - 1
- Patriots make LB, WR top draft picks - 0
- Vikings make NFL Draft splash with three first-round picks, huge trade with Pats - 0
- Top pick Fisher leads linemen's march at NFL Draft - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Patience a virtue for Pats - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?