Gill Stadium anniversary event planned in Manchester
The anniversary will be celebrated Sept. 8 with a ceremony featuring football, soccer and fireworks.
Originally called Textile Field, Gill Stadium was built for the semi-professional Manufacturer's Baseball League. Most people are familiar with it as a site for high school sports, although the New Hampshire Fisher Cats played their 2004 home schedule there while what is now Northeast Delta Dental Stadium was under construction on the banks of the Merrimack River.
Major sponsors for the centennial event include Anagnost Companies, Centrix Bank, Granite Staste Credit Union, American Legion Post 21, Merrimack County Voiture of the Forty and Eight and the Union Leader Corporation.
Anyone interested in becoming involved in the event as a contributor or volunteer is asked to contact committee member Mike Lopez at 669-8058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840