Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Bobcats roll past Celtics
Henderson had 21 by halftime on a night when the Bobcats led by as many as 28. They led 49-46 at halftime, then pushed the lead out to 76-61 after three quarters and continued to build the lead throughout the fourth.
The win snapped a 10-game losing streak and moved the Bobcats to 14-50, still by far the worst record in the league. Charlotte had lost 18 of its previous 20 entering Tuesday night.
The Bobcats also beat the Celtics 94-91 at Time Warner Cable Arena on Feb. 11.
Henderson finished 11 of 19 from the field and a perfect 12 of 12 from the free-throw line. The Bobcats also got 17 points from Ben Gordon, 13 points and 10 rebounds from Josh McRoberts, and 10 points from Kemba Walker.
The Celtics played without leading scorer Paul Pierce, who was given the night off by coach Doc Rivers. They wound up paying for it.
Jeff Green moved into Pierce's starting spot and had 14 points, but Kevin Garnett was just 2 of 10 for five points and two rebounds in 20 minutes.
The Celtics also got 14 points from Jordan Crawford and 10 each from Brandon Bass and Avery Bradley.
The Celtics (34-29) have lost two straight after winning their previous five.
The Celts have signed Shavlik Randolph to a second 10-day contract, and while he had an idea he'd be staying a while longer when he left on the two-game trip Saturday, the Raleigh, N.C., native was more than pleased to be in Charlotte for Tuesday night's game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice