Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Bobcats roll past Celtics
Henderson had 21 by halftime on a night when the Bobcats led by as many as 28. They led 49-46 at halftime, then pushed the lead out to 76-61 after three quarters and continued to build the lead throughout the fourth.
The win snapped a 10-game losing streak and moved the Bobcats to 14-50, still by far the worst record in the league. Charlotte had lost 18 of its previous 20 entering Tuesday night.
The Bobcats also beat the Celtics 94-91 at Time Warner Cable Arena on Feb. 11.
Henderson finished 11 of 19 from the field and a perfect 12 of 12 from the free-throw line. The Bobcats also got 17 points from Ben Gordon, 13 points and 10 rebounds from Josh McRoberts, and 10 points from Kemba Walker.
The Celtics played without leading scorer Paul Pierce, who was given the night off by coach Doc Rivers. They wound up paying for it.
Jeff Green moved into Pierce's starting spot and had 14 points, but Kevin Garnett was just 2 of 10 for five points and two rebounds in 20 minutes.
The Celtics also got 14 points from Jordan Crawford and 10 each from Brandon Bass and Avery Bradley.
The Celtics (34-29) have lost two straight after winning their previous five.
The Celts have signed Shavlik Randolph to a second 10-day contract, and while he had an idea he'd be staying a while longer when he left on the two-game trip Saturday, the Raleigh, N.C., native was more than pleased to be in Charlotte for Tuesday night's game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Updated: NH House defies Hassan, kills casino bill by 35-vote margin - 23
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands