Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: UNH hockey team drops to No. 7 in polls
Quinnipiac (24-5-5) retained the No. 1 spot in both polls, while Dartmouth College (15-12-5) fell out of the top 20.
FDU-Florham 9, Keene State 8: At Winter Haven, Fla., freshman Ted Christie of Nashua got the start, and Keene State College used five pitchers in a tough-luck loss at Chain O'Lakes Park on Monday. Billy Hartmann of Greenland ripped a two-run double to give Keene State an early 2-0 lead. Howie Dietch and Greg Bates of Salem each had RBI-doubles in the sixth inning as the Owls upped the lead to 6-2. Keene State (4-6) faces nationally ranked Wheaton College in Auburndale, Fla., on Tuesday.
College of N.J. 2-15, Keene State 1-2: At Clermont, Fla., the Owls dropped a one-run game in the opener at National Training Center and were swept after getting blown out in the second game of the doubleheader. In the opener, Keene State freshman pitcher Mariah Crisp of Greenland worked 7-2/3 innings, allowing two runs on two hits, striking out 10. KSC dropped to 0-2, and the Engineers improved to 2-3.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?