Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: UNH hockey team drops to No. 7 in polls
Quinnipiac (24-5-5) retained the No. 1 spot in both polls, while Dartmouth College (15-12-5) fell out of the top 20.
FDU-Florham 9, Keene State 8: At Winter Haven, Fla., freshman Ted Christie of Nashua got the start, and Keene State College used five pitchers in a tough-luck loss at Chain O'Lakes Park on Monday. Billy Hartmann of Greenland ripped a two-run double to give Keene State an early 2-0 lead. Howie Dietch and Greg Bates of Salem each had RBI-doubles in the sixth inning as the Owls upped the lead to 6-2. Keene State (4-6) faces nationally ranked Wheaton College in Auburndale, Fla., on Tuesday.
College of N.J. 2-15, Keene State 1-2: At Clermont, Fla., the Owls dropped a one-run game in the opener at National Training Center and were swept after getting blown out in the second game of the doubleheader. In the opener, Keene State freshman pitcher Mariah Crisp of Greenland worked 7-2/3 innings, allowing two runs on two hits, striking out 10. KSC dropped to 0-2, and the Engineers improved to 2-3.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice