Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: UNH hockey team drops to No. 7 in polls
Quinnipiac (24-5-5) retained the No. 1 spot in both polls, while Dartmouth College (15-12-5) fell out of the top 20.
FDU-Florham 9, Keene State 8: At Winter Haven, Fla., freshman Ted Christie of Nashua got the start, and Keene State College used five pitchers in a tough-luck loss at Chain O'Lakes Park on Monday. Billy Hartmann of Greenland ripped a two-run double to give Keene State an early 2-0 lead. Howie Dietch and Greg Bates of Salem each had RBI-doubles in the sixth inning as the Owls upped the lead to 6-2. Keene State (4-6) faces nationally ranked Wheaton College in Auburndale, Fla., on Tuesday.
College of N.J. 2-15, Keene State 1-2: At Clermont, Fla., the Owls dropped a one-run game in the opener at National Training Center and were swept after getting blown out in the second game of the doubleheader. In the opener, Keene State freshman pitcher Mariah Crisp of Greenland worked 7-2/3 innings, allowing two runs on two hits, striking out 10. KSC dropped to 0-2, and the Engineers improved to 2-3.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NBA Finals: Big Three power Heat to series-tying win over Spurs - 0
- Heat turn 33-5 run into Game 2 win - 0
- James' triple-double not enough as Spurs win Finals opener - 0
- Celtics' impobable rally falls short as Knicks take series - 0
- Celtics remain alive with win over Knicks - 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 14
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time