'Body' turns out to be uninvited houseguest napping behind couch
Darnae Stressel, 23, was arrested late Tuesday afternoon and charged with criminal trespass.
Police said the woman returned to her Beech Street home about 4:40 p.m. to find a "body" on the floor behind her living room couch. Officers discovered a sleeping Stressel under a blanket on the floor behind the couch.
He previously stayed at the residence as a guest of the woman's grandson but had not been welcomed there in several weeks. Police said no one was home when he let himself in with a key, which was returned to the grandmother after officers found it allegedly in Stressel's possession.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Known or suspected' terrorists vanish - 0
- 'Honor' flag for veterans fuels debate - 7
- House panel hears account of Benghazi attack - 4
- N.H. journalist held in Syria believed to be in detention center - 2
- Obama says he does not foresee sending U.S. troops to Syria - 1
- CNN Report: U.S. believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria - 0
- NH Medevac unit headed to Afghanistan hopes for repeat of no casualties - 2
- Canada thwarts 'al Qaeda-supported' passenger train plot - 3
- A simple flag is a cornerstone to memories of Marine's time in Iraq - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 4
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641