'Body' turns out to be uninvited houseguest napping behind couch
Darnae Stressel, 23, was arrested late Tuesday afternoon and charged with criminal trespass.
Police said the woman returned to her Beech Street home about 4:40 p.m. to find a "body" on the floor behind her living room couch. Officers discovered a sleeping Stressel under a blanket on the floor behind the couch.
He previously stayed at the residence as a guest of the woman's grandson but had not been welcomed there in several weeks. Police said no one was home when he let himself in with a key, which was returned to the grandmother after officers found it allegedly in Stressel's possession.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Governor to get bill to study changes to way Northern Pass, wind farms are sited - 7
- Public Utilities Commission report suggests PSNH dump power plants - 19
- Most support PSNH selling its plants - 1
- PUC report faults 'status quo' of PSNH plant ownership - 4
- Antrim wind project: Developer offers to eliminate 1 turbine - 6
- State won’t intervene; New Ipswich wind farm scrapped - 5
- Power line study buoys Northern Pass foes - 5
- Northern Pass money dividing North Country opinions - 8
- ExxonMobile lawyers swing hard at MTBE additive case - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off