'Body' turns out to be uninvited houseguest napping behind couch
Darnae Stressel, 23, was arrested late Tuesday afternoon and charged with criminal trespass.
Police said the woman returned to her Beech Street home about 4:40 p.m. to find a "body" on the floor behind her living room couch. Officers discovered a sleeping Stressel under a blanket on the floor behind the couch.
He previously stayed at the residence as a guest of the woman's grandson but had not been welcomed there in several weeks. Police said no one was home when he let himself in with a key, which was returned to the grandmother after officers found it allegedly in Stressel's possession.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 0
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 1
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 12
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 13
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
- School lunch participation is down and food waste is up since the feds launched their war on childhood obesity. Should schools be required to serve healthier foods than many children eat at home?
- Total Votes: 1272