Headway seen in Manchester superintendent search
Ted Rokas, the Ward 5 school board member, said the five members of the superintendent selection committee will spend this week checking references of eight semifinalists that were interviewed via Skype last week.
The committee had planned to pare the list down to three last Saturday, but didn't want to rush the process, Rokas said.
He said a consulting firm working with the committee did criminal background and sex-offender checks of the semi-finalists. But the committee is calling employers and references.
Superintendent Tom Brennan leaves his position June 30, and Rokas said the school board wants a new superintendent on the job July 1.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m