Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate shooting in Ossipee town hall lot
All was calm outside Ossipee Town Hall on Main Street late Wednesday morning after a man seated in a pickup truck apparently shot himself. LARISSA MULKERN
Grow said the man was still alive when ambulances rushed him to the hospital. Grow said he is in his late 40s or early 50s, and police are withholding his identity until next of kin are notified.
"I still don't know how he is," said Grow. In an interview at the police station in Ossipee late Wednesday morning, Grow said he believed the incident had no connection to town government or the elections on Tuesday.
"This had nothing to do with the town hall," he said, adding he believed it was a personal issue. No one else was harmed, and there was no threat to employees or visitors at town hall, located at 55 Main St., Center Ossipee, right across the street from the Ossipee Central School.
Grow said he saw the man seated in his blue Dodge Dakota truck smoking a cigarette prior to the shooting. As Grow left town hall and opened the door to his cruiser, he heard a gunshot. After advising town hall personnel to stay put, Grow determined the gunshot came from the blue pickup truck and alerted emergency medical personnel.
Grow said the man used a small caliber handgun.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?