Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate shooting in Ossipee town hall lot
Grow said the man was still alive when ambulances rushed him to the hospital. Grow said he is in his late 40s or early 50s, and police are withholding his identity until next of kin are notified.
"I still don't know how he is," said Grow. In an interview at the police station in Ossipee late Wednesday morning, Grow said he believed the incident had no connection to town government or the elections on Tuesday.
"This had nothing to do with the town hall," he said, adding he believed it was a personal issue. No one else was harmed, and there was no threat to employees or visitors at town hall, located at 55 Main St., Center Ossipee, right across the street from the Ossipee Central School.
Grow said he saw the man seated in his blue Dodge Dakota truck smoking a cigarette prior to the shooting. As Grow left town hall and opened the door to his cruiser, he heard a gunshot. After advising town hall personnel to stay put, Grow determined the gunshot came from the blue pickup truck and alerted emergency medical personnel.
Grow said the man used a small caliber handgun.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off