Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Franklin Pierce lacrosse team opens with a win
Erik Kelly led the way with three goals on a game-high 15 shots. Casey Burnett of Windham added two goals and one assist in his first collegiate game. Bryan Bourque of Goffstown had two goals. Ravens goalie Don Denman of Exeter had 14 saves.
LIU Post 9, SNHU 8: In Manchester, Southern New Hampshire was led by Rob Murray with three goals and two assists.
Navy 11, University of New Hampshire 10: In Annapolis, Md., UNH goalkeeper Kathleen O'Keefe recorded 11 saves but the team fell to 0-5. Jenny Simpson led UNH's attack with five goals.
St. Lawrence 11, Keene State 6: In West Palm Beach, Fla., Keene State got early goals from Lauren Brown and Polly Grey. Sophomore Erin Taylor of Brewster finished the game with 12 saves for Keene State.
Dartmouth College: The Ivy League announced its men's basketball all-conference teams and sophomore forward/center Gabas Maldunas earned a spot on the second team. In squash, the College Squash Association awarded Chris Hanson with the Skillman Award. It is given annually to a senior men's squash player who has demonstrated outstanding sportsmanship during his entire college career.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember