Thief hits unlocked cars in Auburn
The thief or thieves hit five vehicles in three separate incidents in the areas of Lover's Lane, Coleman Drive and Pasture Drive. All of the thefts were reported to police Wednesday morning.
Only change was taken in the first break-in. In the second, sunglasses, an iPad charger, a scanner, an iPod, a sleeping bag and a backpack were taken. More change and a backpack were stolen in the third incident.
Police believe the three crimes are related.
"I think two of them were definitely related," said Capt. Gary Bartis. "It's very likely, given how close they are and the fact that they all occurred on the same night."
Police put out a Nixle alert about the thefts around 8:30 a.m. on Thursday morning asking residents to call police if they recalled seeing any suspicious vehicles in the area. By early afternoon, however, Auburn police had received no tips.
"Nixle is pretty good at that, so my guess is nobody saw anything," said Bartis.
All five cars were unlocked at the time of the thefts. Auburn police are asking residents to make sure they lock their vehicles at night and keep any valuables out of sight.
Residents are asked to report any suspicious activity to the Auburn Police Department at 483-2134.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 0
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH