Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
NH fugitive caught in Bay State in traffic stop
Megan Haggett, 21, was wanted by the Grafton County Sheriff's Office on an outstanding warrant for failing to appear on a burglary charge.
She was arrested March 5 after a Westborough police officer pulled her car over and she allegedly refused to produce identification or identify herself.
Police said she was driving without a license. When she was booked, police learned her true identity and located a "Fugitive of the Week" poster on the Internet.
She was charged as a fugitive from justice in Westborough District Court and is currently being held on $5,000 cash bail at MCI Framingham pending her return to New Hampshire.
Haggett was featured as the U.S. Marshal's "Fugitive of the Week" on Jan. 31. Sgt. Ryan Kelly of the Grafton County Sheriff's Office said in a prepared statement that the Fugitive of the Week feature "was a contributing factor to Haggett being caught."
U.S. Marshal David Cargill Jr. said the arrest was "further evidence of the power of the media and the public contributing to help make our streets safe."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483