Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Londonderry crash with stolen car leads to Manchester man's indictment
Tony Nassar, 48, was indicted on eight charges stemming from his flight from police, and driving against traffic down a one-way segment of Wilson Road in Londonderry, according to indictments released Wednesday.
Londonderry police Officer Dan Perry spotted the stolen vehicle allegedly driven by Nassar on Aug. 9. A red Chevrolet Camaro nearly struck Perry head-on while traveling down Wilson Road in Londonderry, police said.
Perry tried to pull over Nassar but was unable to stop the vehicle. An off-duty police officer located the car after he hit another vehicle and crashed into a utility pole. Nassar was driving down Old Derry Road when he allegedly crashed into another driver, prosecutors said.
Nassar crossed the double yellow line in the road and crashed head-on into the woman's car, prosecutors said. The woman sustained a laceration to her arm, indictments said. Nassar veered off the road and struck a utility pole. He and an unidentified passenger were taken to a local hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
Nassar was indicted on the second-degree assault and two counts of reckless conduct, which say that he also endangered a passenger traveling in the woman's car. He also faces two counts of aggravated driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, disobeying a police officer, driving under the influence (second offense) and receiving stolen property.
Police later determined that the 2002 Camaro driven by Nassar was reported stolen from Manchester earlier in the day.
Nassar could face up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the assault and reckless conduct charges. He will be arraigned on the new charges later this month in superior court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 3
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill