Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Londonderry crash with stolen car leads to Manchester man's indictment
Tony Nassar, 48, was indicted on eight charges stemming from his flight from police, and driving against traffic down a one-way segment of Wilson Road in Londonderry, according to indictments released Wednesday.
Londonderry police Officer Dan Perry spotted the stolen vehicle allegedly driven by Nassar on Aug. 9. A red Chevrolet Camaro nearly struck Perry head-on while traveling down Wilson Road in Londonderry, police said.
Perry tried to pull over Nassar but was unable to stop the vehicle. An off-duty police officer located the car after he hit another vehicle and crashed into a utility pole. Nassar was driving down Old Derry Road when he allegedly crashed into another driver, prosecutors said.
Nassar crossed the double yellow line in the road and crashed head-on into the woman's car, prosecutors said. The woman sustained a laceration to her arm, indictments said. Nassar veered off the road and struck a utility pole. He and an unidentified passenger were taken to a local hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
Nassar was indicted on the second-degree assault and two counts of reckless conduct, which say that he also endangered a passenger traveling in the woman's car. He also faces two counts of aggravated driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, disobeying a police officer, driving under the influence (second offense) and receiving stolen property.
Police later determined that the 2002 Camaro driven by Nassar was reported stolen from Manchester earlier in the day.
Nassar could face up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the assault and reckless conduct charges. He will be arraigned on the new charges later this month in superior court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483