Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Londonderry crash with stolen car leads to Manchester man's indictment
Tony Nassar, 48, was indicted on eight charges stemming from his flight from police, and driving against traffic down a one-way segment of Wilson Road in Londonderry, according to indictments released Wednesday.
Londonderry police Officer Dan Perry spotted the stolen vehicle allegedly driven by Nassar on Aug. 9. A red Chevrolet Camaro nearly struck Perry head-on while traveling down Wilson Road in Londonderry, police said.
Perry tried to pull over Nassar but was unable to stop the vehicle. An off-duty police officer located the car after he hit another vehicle and crashed into a utility pole. Nassar was driving down Old Derry Road when he allegedly crashed into another driver, prosecutors said.
Nassar crossed the double yellow line in the road and crashed head-on into the woman's car, prosecutors said. The woman sustained a laceration to her arm, indictments said. Nassar veered off the road and struck a utility pole. He and an unidentified passenger were taken to a local hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
Nassar was indicted on the second-degree assault and two counts of reckless conduct, which say that he also endangered a passenger traveling in the woman's car. He also faces two counts of aggravated driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, disobeying a police officer, driving under the influence (second offense) and receiving stolen property.
Police later determined that the 2002 Camaro driven by Nassar was reported stolen from Manchester earlier in the day.
Nassar could face up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on the assault and reckless conduct charges. He will be arraigned on the new charges later this month in superior court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 1
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief