May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester police officer returns to desk duty on bail
Beland had requested the modification of bail conditions, which barred possession of a weapon, saying that while suspended without pay he was unable to pay his apartment rent and to meet his child support obligations.
Police Capt. Robert Cunha said Wednesday that no date has been set for Beland, 28, to return to work, but when he does he will be issued a weapon and ammunition after entering the building and will have to surrender both before leaving.
Beland pleaded innocent Jan. 23 in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to the assault charges that allege he shoved his wife from behind and put his left arm around her neck and pushed her out the door of his Country Club Drive apartment.
A seven-year member of the Manchester Police Department, Beland is free on $1,000 personal recognizance bail, with a trial set for April 29. Bail conditions still bar contact with the alleged victim.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 3
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Guertin girls net another win to make it 67 straight - 0
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 25, 2013
Ayotte praises first responders, veterans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424