Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Brookfield elects new select board member
During elections on Tuesday, newcomer Brian Robischeau defeated longtime incumbent Clifton Camp by a vote of 159-90.
No other elected officers were contested.
Voters defeated Article 6, a petitioned amendment proposed by Annie and Chuck Robbins, which would have allowed a campground and a town beach on Kingswood Lake.
The vote was 53 in favor and 205 against the petition.
Voters approved the town budget of $750,969; a total of $108,000 for two road and bridge repair related funds and $8,000 for the town revaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New principal appointed at North Elementary School - 0
- New principal appointed in Londonderry - 0
- Students kicked off part of Litchfield playground after engandered birds lay eggs. - 8
- Keene State celebrates Earth Day with trash audit - 2
- Undefeated season for Pinkerton math team - 0
- Plaistow looks at driver education options - 0
- 3 finalists named for NHTI president - 0
- Dartmouth president calls for end of high-risk behavior - 3
- Hallsville School's Tower Clock will be restarted Friday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’