Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Brookfield elects new select board member
During elections on Tuesday, newcomer Brian Robischeau defeated longtime incumbent Clifton Camp by a vote of 159-90.
No other elected officers were contested.
Voters defeated Article 6, a petitioned amendment proposed by Annie and Chuck Robbins, which would have allowed a campground and a town beach on Kingswood Lake.
The vote was 53 in favor and 205 against the petition.
Voters approved the town budget of $750,969; a total of $108,000 for two road and bridge repair related funds and $8,000 for the town revaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: Stepping into a basket of snakes - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Earth-friendly energy is anything but - 5
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Our real Syria strategy: containment-plus - 0
- Roger Simon: Do 'real men' hit women? - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: America's interests come before party or President - 28
- John Stossel: We have two anti-choice parties in America - 1
- Another View -- Andres Martinez: How our imperial tax code encourages inversions - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 2
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 16
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser