Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Brookfield elects new select board member
During elections on Tuesday, newcomer Brian Robischeau defeated longtime incumbent Clifton Camp by a vote of 159-90.
No other elected officers were contested.
Voters defeated Article 6, a petitioned amendment proposed by Annie and Chuck Robbins, which would have allowed a campground and a town beach on Kingswood Lake.
The vote was 53 in favor and 205 against the petition.
Voters approved the town budget of $750,969; a total of $108,000 for two road and bridge repair related funds and $8,000 for the town revaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Etz Hayim Synagogue continues free talks series - 0
- 'Moving vigils' to bring faith to repeal of NH death penalty - 0
- Pope Francis' 1st year: No revoluton, but hope for change - 1
- World Day of Prayer is on Friday - 0
- Bishop Libasci declares Holy Family Academy a Catholic school - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Clergy to take Ash Wednesday to the streets today in Concord - 0
- Roman Catholic Bishop Libasci offers his message for Lent - 0
- ‘Son of God’ attracting the faithful and movie-lovers in NH - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stocks suffer worst day since early February - 0
- Amazon.com raises price of prime membership to $99 - 0
- Target declined to act on early alert of cyber breach - 0
- U.S. retail sales rebound from harsh winter's chill, jobless claims fall - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC - 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 6
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal