Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Brookfield elects new select board member
During elections on Tuesday, newcomer Brian Robischeau defeated longtime incumbent Clifton Camp by a vote of 159-90.
No other elected officers were contested.
Voters defeated Article 6, a petitioned amendment proposed by Annie and Chuck Robbins, which would have allowed a campground and a town beach on Kingswood Lake.
The vote was 53 in favor and 205 against the petition.
Voters approved the town budget of $750,969; a total of $108,000 for two road and bridge repair related funds and $8,000 for the town revaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiring sight in downtown Nashua on Good Friday - 0
- Salem church's Guatemala mission brings blessings - 0
- St. Margaret’s to remember veterans - 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- General says NH Guard sites foster '2nd-class' image - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire