Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Brookfield elects new select board member
During elections on Tuesday, newcomer Brian Robischeau defeated longtime incumbent Clifton Camp by a vote of 159-90.
No other elected officers were contested.
Voters defeated Article 6, a petitioned amendment proposed by Annie and Chuck Robbins, which would have allowed a campground and a town beach on Kingswood Lake.
The vote was 53 in favor and 205 against the petition.
Voters approved the town budget of $750,969; a total of $108,000 for two road and bridge repair related funds and $8,000 for the town revaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fischer defeats Flattes in Derry Council race - 0
- Hudson voters reject budget, approve police and fire contracts - 0
- Troy fire chief receives a vote of confidence - 0
- Randolph selects Cryans, almost unanimous on ATV article - 0
- Former Atkinson police chief elected selectman - 0
- New Boston voters OK AREA agreement - 0
- Sunapee voters approve budget, Gottling defeats Augustine for selectman - 0
- Pelham voters support high school renovation - 0
- Milford incumbents win major races - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Berlin-Gorham wins a thriller in NHIAA girls' hockey semi - 0
- Pacers end Celtics’ two-game win streak - 0
- Hanover too much for Bishop Guertin in girls hockey semi - 0
- Hollis runs out of electronic ballots - 0
- District 1 Executive Council race is a close one - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation - 0
- Madison voters reject SB2 again - 0
- Allenstown voters say no to $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Parsons re-elected as Danville police chief - 0
Middlebrooks homers; Red Sox win, lose one
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus