Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Brookfield elects new select board member
During elections on Tuesday, newcomer Brian Robischeau defeated longtime incumbent Clifton Camp by a vote of 159-90.
No other elected officers were contested.
Voters defeated Article 6, a petitioned amendment proposed by Annie and Chuck Robbins, which would have allowed a campground and a town beach on Kingswood Lake.
The vote was 53 in favor and 205 against the petition.
Voters approved the town budget of $750,969; a total of $108,000 for two road and bridge repair related funds and $8,000 for the town revaluation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 41
- At presentation at Manchester firm Dyn, middle schoolers learn STEAM Ahead could lead to cool career - 1
- New Belmont principal excited to move to NH - 0
- 2 finalists for Central High principal to meet public Wednesday - 0
- Nashua board to hear about new writing course - 0
- Plymouth High student upholds family tradition - 0
- VEX robotics teams practice for world championships - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Parents speak out against Jewett Street School proposal - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- A Derry man pleads innocent to falsely claiming a master electrician license - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 0
- Gatsas feeling 'stronger than ever' - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers