Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's 2nd term: Will the governing ever start?
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows the President's approval ratings falling "as Americans take a dimmer view of his economic policies," The Post wrote. In December Obama had an 18-point advantage over Republicans on the question of whom Americans trusted more to handle the economy. Now it's a four-point gap: 44 percent to 40 percent. Having run through George W. Bush, "Wall Street" and Mitt Romney, Obama is running out of scapegoats.
It is becoming increasingly clear that this President has no interest in actually governing. Nor has he any interest in doing things he campaigned on and was elected to do, such as halve the federal debt and eliminate unnecessary and wasteful spending.
He said on Tuesday, "My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance." It sure isn't. His goal is to build a legacy to himself in the form of an entitlement state larger than FDR or LBJ ever imagined. Enjoy.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- George Will: Our adolescent President - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama stuck in his own Keystone pipeline trap - 4
- Catherine Provencher : We need to do more to teach financial literacy in NH - 9
- Diana Lacey : Casinos can end NH's long-term budget woes - 11
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: I'm with Washington Post on school choice - 1
- Thomas Sowell : Where liberalism creates $1.5 million starter homes - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why we sued to overturn NH's education tax credit - 5
- David Harsanyi: No, the right doesn’t want you to get sick and die - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama’s lame sock hop with Putin - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester officer cleared of assault, resigns - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires - 0
- Riders can't convince Manchester Water Works of horse sense - 0
- Toll relief not seen as sure thing for Merrimack - 0
- Handshake between prosecutor, defendant draws some attention - 0
- NH Supreme Court refuses to expedite appeal in Rockingham County Attorney lawsuit - 0
- No charges in Nashua 'Duck-gate' - 0
- Postal workers protest Staples deal - 0
- NRA to mix politics, gun rights at convention - 0
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’
No charges in Nashua 'Duck-gate'
Rep. Kuster talks women's economic issues
George Will: Our adolescent President