Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's 2nd term: Will the governing ever start?
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows the President's approval ratings falling "as Americans take a dimmer view of his economic policies," The Post wrote. In December Obama had an 18-point advantage over Republicans on the question of whom Americans trusted more to handle the economy. Now it's a four-point gap: 44 percent to 40 percent. Having run through George W. Bush, "Wall Street" and Mitt Romney, Obama is running out of scapegoats.
It is becoming increasingly clear that this President has no interest in actually governing. Nor has he any interest in doing things he campaigned on and was elected to do, such as halve the federal debt and eliminate unnecessary and wasteful spending.
He said on Tuesday, "My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance." It sure isn't. His goal is to build a legacy to himself in the form of an entitlement state larger than FDR or LBJ ever imagined. Enjoy.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 1
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- George Will: In Georgia, a capitalist struggles - 2
- Jonah Goldberg -- Cure for gridlock: Take hard votes - 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
- Giving Max effort for the Wildcats - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four