Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's 2nd term: Will the governing ever start?
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows the President's approval ratings falling "as Americans take a dimmer view of his economic policies," The Post wrote. In December Obama had an 18-point advantage over Republicans on the question of whom Americans trusted more to handle the economy. Now it's a four-point gap: 44 percent to 40 percent. Having run through George W. Bush, "Wall Street" and Mitt Romney, Obama is running out of scapegoats.
It is becoming increasingly clear that this President has no interest in actually governing. Nor has he any interest in doing things he campaigned on and was elected to do, such as halve the federal debt and eliminate unnecessary and wasteful spending.
He said on Tuesday, "My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance." It sure isn't. His goal is to build a legacy to himself in the form of an entitlement state larger than FDR or LBJ ever imagined. Enjoy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?