Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's 2nd term: Will the governing ever start?
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows the President's approval ratings falling "as Americans take a dimmer view of his economic policies," The Post wrote. In December Obama had an 18-point advantage over Republicans on the question of whom Americans trusted more to handle the economy. Now it's a four-point gap: 44 percent to 40 percent. Having run through George W. Bush, "Wall Street" and Mitt Romney, Obama is running out of scapegoats.
It is becoming increasingly clear that this President has no interest in actually governing. Nor has he any interest in doing things he campaigned on and was elected to do, such as halve the federal debt and eliminate unnecessary and wasteful spending.
He said on Tuesday, "My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance." It sure isn't. His goal is to build a legacy to himself in the form of an entitlement state larger than FDR or LBJ ever imagined. Enjoy.
READER COMMENTS: 26
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 8
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse