Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's 2nd term: Will the governing ever start?
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows the President's approval ratings falling "as Americans take a dimmer view of his economic policies," The Post wrote. In December Obama had an 18-point advantage over Republicans on the question of whom Americans trusted more to handle the economy. Now it's a four-point gap: 44 percent to 40 percent. Having run through George W. Bush, "Wall Street" and Mitt Romney, Obama is running out of scapegoats.
It is becoming increasingly clear that this President has no interest in actually governing. Nor has he any interest in doing things he campaigned on and was elected to do, such as halve the federal debt and eliminate unnecessary and wasteful spending.
He said on Tuesday, "My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance." It sure isn't. His goal is to build a legacy to himself in the form of an entitlement state larger than FDR or LBJ ever imagined. Enjoy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens - 0
- Military says ordnance blast killed four U.S. Marines in California - 0
- Pakistani Taliban chief killed in drone strike, possibly scuttling peace talks - 0
- USS Alexandria arrives at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Officials say U.S. commandos capture al Qaeda leader in Libya, also raid Somalia - 3
- Russia, U.S. set deal on Syria - 7
- Kerry demands Syria keep its weapons pledge - 31
- Diplomatic efforts intensify on corralling Syrian chemical arms - 0
- Boston bombing victims to be remembered at 9/11 event in Rindge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans