Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama's 2nd term: Will the governing ever start?
A new Washington Post-ABC News poll shows the President's approval ratings falling "as Americans take a dimmer view of his economic policies," The Post wrote. In December Obama had an 18-point advantage over Republicans on the question of whom Americans trusted more to handle the economy. Now it's a four-point gap: 44 percent to 40 percent. Having run through George W. Bush, "Wall Street" and Mitt Romney, Obama is running out of scapegoats.
It is becoming increasingly clear that this President has no interest in actually governing. Nor has he any interest in doing things he campaigned on and was elected to do, such as halve the federal debt and eliminate unnecessary and wasteful spending.
He said on Tuesday, "My goal is not to chase a balanced budget just for the sake of balance." It sure isn't. His goal is to build a legacy to himself in the form of an entitlement state larger than FDR or LBJ ever imagined. Enjoy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Crowley elected in Northfield - 0
- Allenstown rejects town and school budgets - 0
- Broome elected selectman in Alexandria - 0
- Brentwood narrowly rejects SB2 - 0
- Cryans defeats Kenney by a wide margin in Lyme - 0
- Kingston voters approve tax bill deduction for prompt payment - 0
- Huntoon elected selectman in Wilmot - 0
- Thornton voters approve zoning amendments, decide three contested races - 0
- Lagueux wins in Bristol by five votes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'