Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Keene State splits baseball twinbill
Sophomore Ian Seawards of Dover drove in the winning run in the 11th inning in the Owls' 4-3 win over Bowdoin College.
KSC lost its second game to Husson College, 4-2. Senior Greg Bates of Salem, Brett Dootson, and Seawards each had two hits against Husson.
Colby-Sawyer 14-4, SUNYIT 0-9: In Auburndale, Fla., Sean Gavin had a two-run single and Andy Lapple hit a two-run triple in the win for the Chargers.
Daniel Webster 3-7, Becker 1-5: In Frostproof, Fla., rookie Arial Ramos scattered three hits over seven complete innings striking out four and walking three in the game one victory. Darrik Marstaller of Spofford and Elliot Kilgore of Milford each had two hits and two RBI in the nightcap win.
UNH: Katie Mann will compete in the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships at the IU Natatorium in Indianapolis, Ind. on March 21-23. Her primary event will be the 400 IM, an event where she owns the America East record time. She will also swim in the 200 individual medley and the 200 breaststroke.
Dartmouth: Nejc Zupan will represent Dartmouth at the 2013 NCAA Championships in Indianapolis, Ind., March 28-30. Zupan will compete in the 200 IM and the 200 breast.
Dartmouth College: Junior guard Nicola Zimmer earned All-Ivy League honorable mention. She averaged 8.9 points per game and was Dartmouth's second-leading scorer.
UNH: Kevin Greene and John Prizzi on the men's track & field team, along with Darcy James of Exeter and Jessica Salley on the women's side, were named to the America East All-Academic team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hampstead Congregational Church hosts Hunger Action on May 19 - 0
- Chester church plans June Jubilee - 0
- Goffstown church plans yard sale - 0
- Cleric's case a puzzle, concern - 6
- NH minister celebrates 60 years of service - 0
- Religion briefs: Rindge church will hold yard sale - 0
- New pastoral assignments announced - 0
- UUC of Manchester picks McLaughlin - 0
- Orthodox Christians celebrate, reflect - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 4
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs