June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Home invasion suspect arrested in Claremont
Authorities said Benjamin Ecklund, 31, of Claremont, was hiding behind a mattress in the basement of the apartment building when members of the U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force found him and arrested him.
"Criminals of this magnitude truly shock both the public and law enforcement," said U.S. Marshal David Cargill Jr. "The thought of a defenseless elderly man being subjected to these crimes is horrifying, and that is why law enforcement worked together to make the arrest of Ecklund the highest priority."
Ecklund, along with three others who are under arrest, allegedly broke into the home of the elderly man on March 6, forced him to the floor at gunpoint and robbed him of $77 in cash and two winning lottery tickets worth $25. The elderly man suffered minor injuries in the incident.
According to a U.S. Marshal's Service news release, police were "very actively" pursuing Ecklund, which forced him to go "deep into hiding." On Thursday, investigators developed information which led them to an apartment in the 200 block of Broad Street.
Ecklund was taken to the police station where he was booked on the outstanding charges stemming from the home invasion. He was detained in the Sullivan County jail pending arraignment Friday in 5th Circuit Court, Claremont District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students being evaluated at scene of Salem bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424