Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Mass. man wanted for attempted murder arrested in Manchester
Alexander Lopez, 36, allegedly stabbed Juan Gonzales, 31, of North Andover in the chest on March 7 on South Union Street. Gonzales remains hospitalized in serious condition, according to the U.S. Marshal's Service.
Lawrence police obtained warrants for Lopez' arrest on March 11. The U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force learned he fled to New Hampshire and on Thursday tracked him to an apartment in the 40 block of Clinton Street and arrested him without incident.
Lopez was turned over to Manchester police and charged with being a fugitive from justice on warrants issued in Lawrence on charges of assault with intent to murder, assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault.
Police on Thursday also arrested a man wanted in Burlington, Vermont for aggravated domestic assault.
Joseph Pickens, 42, who police described as a transient, was arrested at a Central Street address. Manchester police received information Pickens was in the city and were checking a number of addresses for him when they located him on Central Street.
According to the Burlington Free Press, Pickens allegedly assaulted a 48-year-old woman on March 9 in Burlington. The woman, whose name police withheld, remained hospitalized as of Thursday police told the Vermont newspaper.
Pickens is wanted on a charge of aggravated domestic assault.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 2
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483