June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Mass. man wanted for attempted murder arrested in Manchester
Alexander Lopez, 36, allegedly stabbed Juan Gonzales, 31, of North Andover in the chest on March 7 on South Union Street. Gonzales remains hospitalized in serious condition, according to the U.S. Marshal's Service.
Lawrence police obtained warrants for Lopez' arrest on March 11. The U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force learned he fled to New Hampshire and on Thursday tracked him to an apartment in the 40 block of Clinton Street and arrested him without incident.
Lopez was turned over to Manchester police and charged with being a fugitive from justice on warrants issued in Lawrence on charges of assault with intent to murder, assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault.
Police on Thursday also arrested a man wanted in Burlington, Vermont for aggravated domestic assault.
Joseph Pickens, 42, who police described as a transient, was arrested at a Central Street address. Manchester police received information Pickens was in the city and were checking a number of addresses for him when they located him on Central Street.
According to the Burlington Free Press, Pickens allegedly assaulted a 48-year-old woman on March 9 in Burlington. The woman, whose name police withheld, remained hospitalized as of Thursday police told the Vermont newspaper.
Pickens is wanted on a charge of aggravated domestic assault.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424