Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Mass. man wanted for attempted murder arrested in Manchester
Alexander Lopez, 36, allegedly stabbed Juan Gonzales, 31, of North Andover in the chest on March 7 on South Union Street. Gonzales remains hospitalized in serious condition, according to the U.S. Marshal's Service.
Lawrence police obtained warrants for Lopez' arrest on March 11. The U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force learned he fled to New Hampshire and on Thursday tracked him to an apartment in the 40 block of Clinton Street and arrested him without incident.
Lopez was turned over to Manchester police and charged with being a fugitive from justice on warrants issued in Lawrence on charges of assault with intent to murder, assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault.
Police on Thursday also arrested a man wanted in Burlington, Vermont for aggravated domestic assault.
Joseph Pickens, 42, who police described as a transient, was arrested at a Central Street address. Manchester police received information Pickens was in the city and were checking a number of addresses for him when they located him on Central Street.
According to the Burlington Free Press, Pickens allegedly assaulted a 48-year-old woman on March 9 in Burlington. The woman, whose name police withheld, remained hospitalized as of Thursday police told the Vermont newspaper.
Pickens is wanted on a charge of aggravated domestic assault.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'