Londonderry crash shuts down Route 28
LONDONDERRY - A portion of Rockingham Road remained closed Friday night after an accident involving a car and box truck that felled a telephone pole and sent one person to a Boston hospital.
Police Sgt. Mark Morrison said a BMW sedan hit a GMC box truck about 4 p.m. Friday on Rockingham Road. The truck went off the road, onto its side and into the utility pole. The pole fell and "penetrated" the box of the truck, which became stuck on the pole.
The driver of the BMW was flown to a Boston hospital for treatment of his injuries, while the truck driver was not injured, Morrison said. Morrison said he did not know the names of the drivers involved in the crash or which hospital the BMW driver was taken to.
The road remained closed late Friday while crews tried to dislodge the truck, which was carrying diesel fuel and other chemicals, from the pole, Morrison said.
Nobody has been charged in the crash, which Morrison said is under investigation.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.