Home » News » Public Safety
State police on drunk driving patrol this St. Patrick's Day weekend
The holiday is commonly associated with the consumption of alcohol so state police, as a reminder, issued a news release cautioning people to not drink and drive.
"Your judgment is the first thing to be altered after consuming alcohol; therefore, have a plan to arrive alive before you begin drinking," according to the news release issued by Lt. Nicole Armaganian.
State police urge celebrants to plan ahead, choose a designated driver before drinking any alcohol, sign up for the local "safe ride" program or take public transportation.
Troopers, they say, are committed to ensuring safe roads across the state and will continue their efforts to reduce crashes during the holiday weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket