Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Three charged with attempting to break into Farmington store
Ryan D. Towle, 17 of 94 Hubbard Road, Lebanon, Maine, Tammy Ewing, 18, of 14 Pineland Park, Milton, and Dustin A. Rice, 20, of 54 Kennebeck Drive, were all charged with conspiracy to commit burglary and attempted burglary.
Additionally, Towle was charged with criminal mischief for allegedly damaging the store during the incident, which occurred at 438 Route 11 on Sunday before 10 p.m.
Police responded to the scene after the store's alarm sounded. Officers discovered a broken window and heard movement in the nearby woods.
Officer Sean Leach stopped a vehicle leaving the area and detained the three occupants, two of whom matched people seen on the store's video surveillance system. Members of Rochester's K-9 team, including Officer Keith Mackenzie, responded and eventually followed a trail that led to the vehicle, according to police.
All suspects were released on bail and are scheduled to be arraigned April 16 in 7th Circuit Court in Rochester.
Police continue work with counterparts in Alton and Rochester to investigate a second – and unrelated - attempted burglary that occurred at the store around 2 a.m. Monday. Police once again responded to an alarm activation when someone attempted to break into the store via a window.
Officers spotted a truck leaving the area at a high rate of speed. Investigators determined the truck was stolen from Alton and later set ablaze in Rochester.
Anyone with information regarding the two incidents is encouraged to contact Sgt. Scott Ferguson at the Farmington Police Department at (603) 755-2731 x110.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Celtics hammer Knicks - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424