May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Milton woman connected to Subway robbery surrenders to police
Ashley Rawson, 22, of 16 Teneriffe Road, Milton, was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery and unsworn falsification in connection with a March 7 incident where Jeffrey Smith, 23, who is homeless, allegedly took an undisclosed amount of cash from the downtown sandwich shop at 457 Main St. around 12:30 p.m.
Members of Farmington and Rochester police arrested Smith on March 8 at a relative's residence in Rochester. He was charged with robbery and is being held at Strafford County jail in Dover on a probation violation.
Also on March 8, a witness reported spotting a tan pickup in Rochester that fit the description of the truck used during the robbery. Chief Kevin Willey located the truck along Route 125 in Milton. He stopped the truck driven by Rawson, who was arrested for an unrelated issue, according to police.
As part of the investigation into the Subway robbery, Rawson admitted to Det. Brian Driscoll that she drove Smith to and from downtown Farmington, but allegedly denied being involved in the crime. She eventually recanted and allegedly admitted to writing the note Smith handed to the clerk and driving the truck he used to escape down Mechanic Street following the robbery, according to police.
After a warrant was issued for Rawson, she turned herself into police after 1 p.m. Friday.
Conspiracy to commit robbery is a felony while unsworn falsification is a misdemeanor.
Rawson, who was released on $10,000 personal recognizance, is scheduled to be arraigned April 16 in 7th Circuit Court in Rochester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 1
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424