Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Milton woman connected to Subway robbery surrenders to police
Ashley Rawson, 22, of 16 Teneriffe Road, Milton, was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery and unsworn falsification in connection with a March 7 incident where Jeffrey Smith, 23, who is homeless, allegedly took an undisclosed amount of cash from the downtown sandwich shop at 457 Main St. around 12:30 p.m.
Members of Farmington and Rochester police arrested Smith on March 8 at a relative's residence in Rochester. He was charged with robbery and is being held at Strafford County jail in Dover on a probation violation.
Also on March 8, a witness reported spotting a tan pickup in Rochester that fit the description of the truck used during the robbery. Chief Kevin Willey located the truck along Route 125 in Milton. He stopped the truck driven by Rawson, who was arrested for an unrelated issue, according to police.
As part of the investigation into the Subway robbery, Rawson admitted to Det. Brian Driscoll that she drove Smith to and from downtown Farmington, but allegedly denied being involved in the crime. She eventually recanted and allegedly admitted to writing the note Smith handed to the clerk and driving the truck he used to escape down Mechanic Street following the robbery, according to police.
After a warrant was issued for Rawson, she turned herself into police after 1 p.m. Friday.
Conspiracy to commit robbery is a felony while unsworn falsification is a misdemeanor.
Rawson, who was released on $10,000 personal recognizance, is scheduled to be arraigned April 16 in 7th Circuit Court in Rochester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 4
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus