Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Groton passes one wind farm-related article, rejects another
Article 27 was one of only two articles voted down. The measure would have designated the historic 1771 Dartmouth College Road, known as Province Road, as a scenic road.
Voters approved Article 3, spending $96,000 for repair/reconstruction of a portion of North Groton Road.
By secret ballot, voters also decided on two wind farm-related articles.
By a vote of 28-21, voters defeated Article 28, which asked the town to require the board of selectmen and/or the planning board to suspend all negotiations and/or planning relative to commercial wind turbines until the state updates its Energy Master Plan. An amendment to the article passed, but the article ultimately failed when it came to a vote, according to Selectman Miles Sinclair.
By a vote of 25-22, voters approved Article 29, which would require all wind energy facilities that may come to be located in the town to post security in the form of cash or bond, prior to initiating construction, in order to cover the costs of removing all of the facility upon ceasing operations for a period of more than 12 months, with the amount to be determined by an independent engineer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Conway juggles a hot potato after town budget-cap amendment - 0
- Fire station improvements among top Goffstown issues - 0
- Decision day in Hooksett on move to Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Goshen voters decide to end district ties with Lempster - 0
- Whitefield considers expanding the Career and Technical Center - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus