Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Groton passes one wind farm-related article, rejects another
Article 27 was one of only two articles voted down. The measure would have designated the historic 1771 Dartmouth College Road, known as Province Road, as a scenic road.
Voters approved Article 3, spending $96,000 for repair/reconstruction of a portion of North Groton Road.
By secret ballot, voters also decided on two wind farm-related articles.
By a vote of 28-21, voters defeated Article 28, which asked the town to require the board of selectmen and/or the planning board to suspend all negotiations and/or planning relative to commercial wind turbines until the state updates its Energy Master Plan. An amendment to the article passed, but the article ultimately failed when it came to a vote, according to Selectman Miles Sinclair.
By a vote of 25-22, voters approved Article 29, which would require all wind energy facilities that may come to be located in the town to post security in the form of cash or bond, prior to initiating construction, in order to cover the costs of removing all of the facility upon ceasing operations for a period of more than 12 months, with the amount to be determined by an independent engineer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New London voters pass municipal budget - 0
- Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone - 0
- Newport voters say yes to police and DPW raises - 0
- Hooksett voters OK budget, police pact - 0
- Voters reject propane-only heating plan at Lafayette Regional School - 0
- Zoning measures against sprawl on Peterborough Town Meeting ballot - 0
- Town engineer, budget increase on Hooksett ballot - 0
- New London residents to vote on $1.17 million budget - 0
- Sanbornton to vote on cruisers, voting date - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee