Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Jaffrey voters OK budget
Residents also approved $13,302 for increases in salaries and benefits for members of the police union, and $5,540 for such increases for members of the public works union.
Voters agreed to spend $148,000 to purchase a front-end loader for the highway department, including $50,000 from the highway equipment capital reserve fund, with the balance coming from taxes.
They also approved spending $35,000 from the fire department's capital reserve fund on fire and rescue equipment.
And they approved putting the following amounts into capital reserve funds: $75,000 for municipal building maintenance; $50,000 for highway equipment; and $20,000 for fire department equipment.
Voters also approved spending $35,000 for a preliminary design for a new town office building "at or near" the Goodnow Street property.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 4
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs