Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Jaffrey voters OK budget
Residents also approved $13,302 for increases in salaries and benefits for members of the police union, and $5,540 for such increases for members of the public works union.
Voters agreed to spend $148,000 to purchase a front-end loader for the highway department, including $50,000 from the highway equipment capital reserve fund, with the balance coming from taxes.
They also approved spending $35,000 from the fire department's capital reserve fund on fire and rescue equipment.
And they approved putting the following amounts into capital reserve funds: $75,000 for municipal building maintenance; $50,000 for highway equipment; and $20,000 for fire department equipment.
Voters also approved spending $35,000 for a preliminary design for a new town office building "at or near" the Goodnow Street property.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: How Obama has worsened inequality - 0
- Fergus Cullen: How an insured family, mine, ended up on the ACA exchange - 11
- John Stossel: The bogus war on women - 7
- Sheridan Brown: NH is vulnerable to an oil spill and needs some protection - 2
- Al Felgar: Patients can’t wait for state to fix narrow Obamacare network - 2
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents