Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Jaffrey voters OK budget
Residents also approved $13,302 for increases in salaries and benefits for members of the police union, and $5,540 for such increases for members of the public works union.
Voters agreed to spend $148,000 to purchase a front-end loader for the highway department, including $50,000 from the highway equipment capital reserve fund, with the balance coming from taxes.
They also approved spending $35,000 from the fire department's capital reserve fund on fire and rescue equipment.
And they approved putting the following amounts into capital reserve funds: $75,000 for municipal building maintenance; $50,000 for highway equipment; and $20,000 for fire department equipment.
Voters also approved spending $35,000 for a preliminary design for a new town office building "at or near" the Goodnow Street property.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 5
- Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH - 1
- Surprise, surprise: Obamacare funds abortions - 11
- Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over - 2
- Jarrett M. Cote - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
USNH's raw deal: Part deux