Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Jaffrey voters OK budget
Residents also approved $13,302 for increases in salaries and benefits for members of the police union, and $5,540 for such increases for members of the public works union.
Voters agreed to spend $148,000 to purchase a front-end loader for the highway department, including $50,000 from the highway equipment capital reserve fund, with the balance coming from taxes.
They also approved spending $35,000 from the fire department's capital reserve fund on fire and rescue equipment.
And they approved putting the following amounts into capital reserve funds: $75,000 for municipal building maintenance; $50,000 for highway equipment; and $20,000 for fire department equipment.
Voters also approved spending $35,000 for a preliminary design for a new town office building "at or near" the Goodnow Street property.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'