Home » News » Public Safety
Two killed in crash of lacrosse team's bus in Pa.
In addition to the driver, the bus was carrying 23 students and three coaches from Seton Hill University, a Catholic school in Greensburg, Pa., turnpike spokesman Bill Capone said.
The bus was near the Carlisle interchange in central Pennsylvania when it veered off the road, crashed through a fence and slammed into a tree, killing the driver, he said.
Three passengers were flown to Penn State Hershey Medical Center, where one of them died, hospital spokeswoman Danielle Ran said.
"Seton Hill University has learned that the university's head women's lacrosse coach, Kristina Quigley, died of injuries sustained in the crash. Quigley was pregnant, and her unborn baby boy died as a result of the crash as well," school spokeswoman Kary Coleman said in a statement.
The 19 other passengers were not seriously injured, Capone said.
The cause of the crash was unknown, he said.
The lacrosse team was headed to a match at Millersville University in Millersville, Pennsylvania.
Quigley had just begun her second season with the Seton Hill women's lacrosse program, and led the team to 11 victories in her first season, the school said.
Seton Hill will hold a memorial Mass for Quigley and the driver on Sunday, Coleman said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding