Home » News » Public Safety
Two killed in crash of lacrosse team's bus in Pa.
In addition to the driver, the bus was carrying 23 students and three coaches from Seton Hill University, a Catholic school in Greensburg, Pa., turnpike spokesman Bill Capone said.
The bus was near the Carlisle interchange in central Pennsylvania when it veered off the road, crashed through a fence and slammed into a tree, killing the driver, he said.
Three passengers were flown to Penn State Hershey Medical Center, where one of them died, hospital spokeswoman Danielle Ran said.
"Seton Hill University has learned that the university's head women's lacrosse coach, Kristina Quigley, died of injuries sustained in the crash. Quigley was pregnant, and her unborn baby boy died as a result of the crash as well," school spokeswoman Kary Coleman said in a statement.
The 19 other passengers were not seriously injured, Capone said.
The cause of the crash was unknown, he said.
The lacrosse team was headed to a match at Millersville University in Millersville, Pennsylvania.
Quigley had just begun her second season with the Seton Hill women's lacrosse program, and led the team to 11 victories in her first season, the school said.
Seton Hill will hold a memorial Mass for Quigley and the driver on Sunday, Coleman said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate